The Carers WA Advisory Line provides specialised information and support to caring families in Western Australia.
We aim to be the first point of contact for information, advice, emotional support and planning to help carers with their caring role. We can also assist service providers and other individuals looking for information and resources about carer supports and services.
Our Advisory Team is trained to understand the needs and challenges of caring families.
They can help with:
- Specialised information about caring. This may include information about service and support systems, the condition of the person you are caring for, how to maintain your own health and wellbeing or financial and legal issues.
- Finding services and supports that will help you to manage. This may include respite, counselling, education and training, or carer support groups.
- Communicating your needs effectively to the people and services that you need to support you.
- Emotional support and problem solving
- Arranging short-term counselling across Western Australia
We can arrange interpreting services if English is not your preferred language.
For more information
Carers WA: 1300 CARERS (1300 227 377) 8.00am – 4.00pm
(Calls from mobile phones are charged at applicable rates. Carers WA welcome mobile users to leave their number for a Counsellor to contact them).