Benefits of Social Support
The Social Support Program events are designed to be relaxed and friendly, easily accessible to carers, and encourage carers to access other services whilst taking a well earned break from their caring role.
The flow on effects of this are:
- A supportive, long term support network for the carer within their own area or local community
- Improved carer coping skills through the extra support in their life
- Increased carer awareness of the support services available
- Improved carer physical and emotional health, thereby reducing the risks of burnout and stress
- Improved knowledge of services and amenities in the local community
- Possible improved or stable health of the person with care needs as a result of improved carer health
- A longer stay by the person with care needs in the home
- Greater awareness within the community of carer issues
- Improved support of carers by GP’s and Allied Health Professionals
Visit our calendar of events to find an event to support you.