Carers WA have produced a number of short, easy to read factsheets containing practical information about caring and the issues related to caring.
This page also includes fact sheets produced by government agencies and other care-related organisations.
- Useful contacts
- Activities for People with Disabilities
- Aids & Equipment
- Benefits & Entitlements
- Commonwealth Carelink & Respite Centres
- Informal Mindfulness Exercises
- Returning to work or study after caring
- Short-term low cost accommodation in Perth
- Short-term low cost accommodation in regional and rural WA
Carer Information Packs
The Carer Information Pack is produced by the Ageing and Aged Care Division of the Department of Health and Ageing and it provides practical information for carers. The Carer Information Pack is free and it provides practical information to support carers in their caring role.
Please click on the links below to view the documents. Details of how to order packs can also be found below.
The pack includes:
- Fact Sheet - Taking a Break
- Fact Sheet - Feelings
- Fact Sheet - Managing Money
- Fact Sheet - Managing Health Care and Medications
- Fact Sheet - Legal Arrangements
- Fact Sheet - Safety at Home
- Fact Sheet - Taking Care of Yourself
- Fact Sheet - Loss and Grief
- Fact Sheet - Services for You
- Emergency Care Plan
- List for recording medication requirements
Multilingual versions of Fact Sheets
Multilingual versions of the above publications can be accessed via the Multilingual publications relating to ageing and aged care page.
Ordering Carer Information Packs
Carer Information Packs can be obtained by:
1. Phoning the Aged Care Information Line on 1800 500 853;
2. Phoning National Mailing and Marketing on (02) 6269 1080; or
3. Visiting the Aged Care Publications website
An Order form for the Packs in all listed languages is also available (page 3 of the order form for free publications).