Announcement: Registrations open 1st July
Call For Abstracts
The organising committee of the Carers WA Conference 2022 invites the submission of abstracts of original work for presentation within the two-day conference program.
Submissions are requested to align with the Carers WA Conference 2022 theme; “Inclusion, Innovation, Inspiration: Caring in the Community”.
The conference is WA’s premier event leading into, and celebrating, National Carers Week. The Conference program will be curated to inform, engage and provoke thought and discussion around the core theme of Inclusion, Innovation, Inspiration: Caring in the Community.
Through a range of plenary sessions, panel discussions, fireside chats and breakout sessions, the Conference will explore common issues and trends relating to, and impacting on, carers and the changing landscape of caring, with participation and presentations from a range of community sector leaders, health professionals and of course, carers themselves. The Conference will also highlight initiatives aimed at enhancing carer health, wellbeing and resilience.
- Are you or your organisation engaged in an inclusive or innovative approach to caring in the community?
- Do you want to share a new innovation, research findings or learnings?
- Do you have a unique program or service offering that focuses on improving carer health and wellbeing?
- Do you have information to share about transitions in caring and future planning?
Carers WA is seeking contributions from carers, service providers, sector professionals and other stakeholders with an interest on the impact of caring and how the community can better support the needs and wellbeing of unpaid carers. The abstract presentations will form part of the breakout sessions, to be held each afternoon of the two-day conference. Presentations will be approximately 20 minutes in length. Presenters must be available for the conference dates (Thursday 13th and Friday 14th October). As the program is finalised, accepted authors will be advised of the timeslot for their presentation.
How to submit an abstract
Step 1: Please read through the abstract guidelines and submission instructions listed below before preparing your abstract.
Step 2: Write your abstract following the abstract guidelines.
Step 3: Include a short biography (up to 150 words) with your submission.
Step 4: Abstracts must not exceed a 300 word limit.
Step 5: Complete the Abstract Submission Form below by 5pm on Tuesday 31st May 2022.
- Abstracts must not exceed 300 words in length.
- All submissions will be considered by the Conference Committee and assessed according to the relevance to the conference theme and program.
- Carers WA may collaborate with authors to adapt the original format of their presentation.
- The presenter will be required to register for the conference to ensure their abstract(s) is included in the final program. Registration for the conference is free on the day for confirmed presenters.
- There is no limit to the number of abstracts that may be submitted by an individual. However, splitting of a body of work into multiple abstracts is discouraged and consolidation into one abstract is preferred.
- By submitting an abstract, permission is automatically given for the abstract to be made available on the Carers WA website and possibly published more broadly.
- Authors must be available for the conference dates (Thursday 13th and Friday 14th October). As the program is finalised, accepted authors will be advised of the timeslot for their presentation.
- All abstracts must be the original work of the author. If citing research, sources must be appropriately referenced.
- All abstracts must be prepared according to the guidelines provided to be accepted.
- Abstracts should be submitted as a Word document or PDF.
- Maximum file size = 5mb
- Abstracts must be submitted by Tuesday, 31st May 2022.
- All submissions must be completed electronically via the online submission form.
- Receipt of abstract submissions will be acknowledged by website on submission of the online form
Call for abstracts opens: Monday, 2nd May 2022
Call for abstracts closes: 5pm Tuesday, 31st May 2022
Authors notified of acceptance: 5pm Friday, 17th June 2022
Final presentations due: Friday, 30th September 2022
Program available: Friday, 1st July 2022 (TBC)
Conference Dates: Thursday 13th and Friday 14th October 2022
Submit your Abstract
For any questions regarding submitting your Abstract please contact the Conference Officer via email email@example.com or phone (08) 9228 7481.