Carer friendly employers
Approximately 1 in 8 people in the community are in a caring role. This means it is likely that a number of your staff are providing ongoing care or support for a family member or friend with disability, a chronic health condition, mental health, alcohol or other drug issues, a terminal illness or who is frail aged.
The Carers in Employment Project Officer is able to meet with your senior management/HR staff to discuss how retaining employees in a caring role can benefit your organisation.
We are able to provide resources for your organisation to support carers in the workplace and work with you on policies that will support a flexible workplace. We can also provide sessions for your employees about what carer supports are available to them.
The benefits of becoming a carer friendly workplace include:
- Endorsement as a ‘Carer Friendly Workplace’ by Carers Australia
- Attraction and retention of staff
- Building a resilient workforce
- Reduction of recruitment and training costs
- Improve staff morale and engagement
- Reduced employee stress and absenteeism
- Increased productivity and improved service delivery
In addition you can engage in a process through the Carers Australia, ‘Work and Care’ Program www.carersaustralia.com.au/work-and-care/ to be endorsed as a ‘Carer Friendly Workplace’ on the Carers Australia Website. Carers WA can assist you through this process.
Click here to view the flyer.