Carers - Be job ready!
Whether you have been in work but had to leave due to your caring role or whether you have never been in employment, this program aims to assist you to enter employment by delivering a Be Job Ready Course within the Perth Metropolitan area.
The aim of the ‘Be Job Ready’ course is to engage Carers in the return to employment process by providing realistic information and practical skills which can be utilised to secure and maintain employment. Additional benefits of the program often include an improved sense of self-worth and self-confidence, the opportunity to interact with other Carers in a supportive group setting and the re-establishment of a routine similar to that of the work force. The program runs over 10 sessions (2 hours per session) with key job related skills and techniques covered during the first ten sessions and the opportunity to job seek with other Carers during the final two sessions.
- We are experienced in working with those with diverse backgrounds and cultures, including people with disabilities
- We create a safe, supportive and non-judgmental environment
- We are client focused, help people to set realistic goals and work with people at their own pace
- We believe in working closely with local communities and linking people to services that increase skills, create opportunities for networking, employment and social connection
- Courses are located close to public transport or have parking options
- Carers will be able to access counselling and other support programs
Click here to view the flyer including eligibility criteria and intake information
To apply for this program:
Click here to view the Be Job Ready course outline.
Click here to download the Expression of Interest form.
Email the completed Expression of Interest form to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1300 CARERS (1300 227 377) for assistance.
The Be Job Ready Program is proud to be working with the following organisations: