During the February 2021 lockdown in WA, it is essential to look after your mental health and wellbeing during this time. It is only natural to feel anxious and stressed when there is a disruption to routines. The Carers WA team have come up with a range of tips to get you through:
- Getting a full night sleep is important to staying healthy and refreshed. If you are struggling to sleep at night, try reading a book or listening to some calm music before bed.
- Develop a new routine. If you thrive on routine, set a new one for this week, so you know what is happening each day.
- Eat a balanced diet. Making sure you include nutritious foods into your diet to keep you both physically and mentally healthy.
- Try some at-home exercises. There are plenty of yoga/fitness online classes, and for some of these, you don’t need any equipment.
- Take time for meditation. When you are feeling stressed meditation can ease your worries. Headspace has a range of resources for you to try to look after your mental health.
- Keep informed and up to date. Over checking can make you feel anxious and worried however it is important to routinely check reliable Government websites such as the WA Department of Health or at www.wa.gov.au.
- Stay connected online – via Facebook, Instagram, Zoom, Skype.