Carers WA 2018 Conference
The Carers WA 2018 Conference was held at the Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre on Tuesday 16th October 2018. The conference was WA’s premier event to celebrate National Carers Week 2018.
The Carers WA 2018 Conference was attended by over 200 family carers, community service providers, government agencies and people with care needs.
The conference identified and discussed both the challenging and the rewarding aspects of the caring role. It also showcased innovative supports and services for carers.
The conference was based around two core themes:
“Disability and Ageing in the New World”
This stream explored trends in health, mental health, disability and ageing and the impacts on carers and consumers. Topics included:
- NDIS plan goal setting
- Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CaLD) carers
- Advance Care Planning
- Peer support
- Emotional first aid
“Innovations in Carer Support”
This stream highlighted new and future innovations that allow carers to have the same life choices and opportunities as other members of the community. Topics included:
- Assistive technology
- Regional partnerships
- Wellbeing tech
- Pathways to employment
- Young Carer career support
Click here to view the Carers WA 2018 Conference program handbook.
Carers WA Conference 2018 Opening Plenary
Carers WA Conference 2018 Closing Plenary
"Disability and Ageing in the New World"
- Big Dreams, Bright Futures. Setting goals for your NDIS plan; Clare Gibellini, Carers WA
- Carers Managing Diverse Languages and Cultures in Australia; Mary Gurgone, Fortis Consulting
- Are you good to go? Advance Care Planning for everyone; Lana Glogowski, Palliative Care WA
- Not just a coffee and a chat: A therapeutic approach to carer support groups; Karen Brown, MSWA
- Community Peer-to-Peer Support Models - Meet me at the café; Jason Burton, Alzheimer's WA
- Emotional First Aid; Louisa Holmes, Carers WA (detailed information within this PowerPoint is not available to be distributed online)
"Innovations in Carer Support"
- Exploring assistive technology as a respite solution for carers; Nicole De Faria, Independent Living Centre
- Partnerships and Innovation for Carer Support; The ACNA and Carers WA Experience; Virginia Abson, ACNA and Lynette Groves, Carers WA
- Mapping your Wellbeing Tech Kit; Adam Birch, Carers WA
- Pathways to Employment Workshop; Department of Communities, North and South Metropolitan TAFEs and Jobs and Skills WA
- LAUNCHPAD - Supporting young carers to launch their career using Augmented Intelligence; Jamie Greer, Chandler Macleod Group
All conference enquiries can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Wellness Room Sponsor
Name Badge Sponsor
Tea Break Sponsor
- Alzheimer's WA
- Astley Care Inc
- Carers WA
- Chandler Macleod Group
- Continence Foundation of Australia
- Ishar Multicultural Women's Centre
- Manage It
- Palliative Care WA
- Technology Assisting Disability WA (TADWA)