Information and tools to support employers to employ people with disability
People with disability are reliable, productive, affordable and safe employees (Disability WA). View real-life stories of people with disability and how they contribute to their community and workplace.
There are many resources and guides available that assist employers with employing people with disabilities. Below is some information and links which employers may find helpful:
- The Commonwealth Government JobAccess website has many resources for you to use including an Employer Toolkit. The toolkit is divided into five easy to use sections and is a resource that can be accessed at any time.
- The Australian Network on Disability (AND) is a national, membership based, for-purpose organisation that supports employers to welcome people with disability in all aspects of business. AND has developed a comprehensive range of Fact Sheets, that include a range of different topics relevant to the inclusion of people with disability as employees, customers and stakeholders.
- Disability Employment Services help people with disability find work and keep a job. Through Disability Employment Services, people with disability, injury or health condition may be able to receive assistance to prepare for, find and keep a job. AND has developed an Employers Guide to Partnering with Disability Employment Services. The guide aims to help businesses better understand and partner with Disability Employment Services so they can recruit more inclusively.
- People with Disability Australia (PWDA) is a national disability rights, advocacy and representative organisation that is made up of, led and governed by people with disability. PWDA has created a guide to assist the public and media when talking about and reporting on disability.
- The Australian Government has produced a Style Manual, that includes how to use language which is both respectful and inclusive.
- The Australian Department of Social Services (DSS) encompasses a wide range of services available to Australians, including people with disability. There is comprehensive information available on the Department website for employers and people with disability.