If you are caring for a loved one with disability, we would like to invite you to provide feedback which will inform the review of the Disability Services Act 1993.
The current legislation is almost 30 years old and the State’s disability sector has undergone significant change during this time.
Key areas of contribution include:
- the principles applicable to people with disability;
- appropriate safeguards for people with disability;
- the access and inclusion needs of people with disability; and
- ongoing service provision for specific cohorts.
Input from those who are providing care for a person with disability will be a vital part of the consultation process.
How to be involved.
1. Complete an online survey based on the questions in the consultation paper.
The online survey will remain open until Thursday, 25th May 2023. Carers who respond to the survey have the opportunity to go into the draw to win a $100 voucher.
2. Attend an in-person or online consultation session on Tuesday, 9th May 2023.
To register for a consultation session please email firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate whether you would like to attend a morning or an afternoon session. Session participants will receive participation payments for their time.